You’ve spent time getting your website optimised, and your leads are being converted to paying customers but how do you know if you’re getting a good conversion rate? The 2021 Conversion Benchmark Report from Unbounce saves you time on finding and comparing your conversion rates to the rates across your industry. If you’ve ever wondered if your website is stacking up, it’s now easy to tell.
What Are Website Conversion Benchmarks?
A lot of business owners don’t concern themselves with meeting industry conversion benchmarks; as long as they are converting those leads, they aren’t concerned with what is going on elsewhere. But there are some very good reasons to know what your industry conversion rates are and whether you are stacking up.
Benchmarks can help you identify where your business is performing and where the rest of your industry is performing. They can help you understand why your conversion rates may not be as good as your competitors, allowing you to make the changes you need to grow your business.
You’ve likely spent some time testing various methods to see which one converts more leads, but knowing how the rest of your industry is converting leads successfully will save you time (and money) in testing those methods.
Understanding industry benchmarks can also give you and your team goals to aim for. If you’re always asking your team to improve, you can now give them goals and rates to aim for.
Obstacles in Converting Leads
If you’ve been in business long enough, you’ll know that one of the biggest challenges is converting visitors from your website into concrete leads and then into customers. There’s a variety of campaigns marketers use including ebooks, newsletters, webinars, landing pages and phone calls but converting leads is all about knowing which campaign is the right one for your target market.
The Unbounce Benchmark Report looks at the type of campaigns that are helping your industry competitors get greater conversion rates. Whether you are a small business or large company, there is information for 16 different industries including ecommerce, finance, travel, real estate, home improvement, legal and more.
Inside the Unbounce Benchmark Report
In a report that uses machine learning to analyse over 44 thousand landing pages (with over 33 million conversions), there’s some pretty handy information that becomes available, including:
- The channels that deliver the highest conversions rates in your industry
- How best to communicate with your target audience
- The types of landing pages that will help you convert leads to sales
In the 2021 report, you’ll also find a range of COVID insights comparing the 2019 and 2020 periods.
If you’re looking to improve your marketing campaigns, or just interested in seeing how your business stacks up compared to others in your industry, the Benchmark Report is well worth reading.
Let’s look at some of the themes that have come out in the 2021 report:
- Median conversion rates across all industries has increased, with the average conversion rate in every industry sitting at 11.88%
- The largest increase in conversion rates went to catering and restaurants, media and entertainment and finance and insurance.
- The largest increase in landing pages was for the fitness and nutrition industry (7.5%) and the legal industry (5%)
- The difference between the best performing pages and the worst performing pages in most industries has grown when compared to 2019.
- 2020 seen longer landing pages, as well as pages that are easier to read.
- Emotional copy increased, particularly negative language used – disgust, fear and sadness.
- The trend of working from home may have played a role in some industries seeing more desktop traffic than mobile traffic.
The Benchmark Report also looks at specific trends within each individual industry, giving plenty of information about where businesses should look to focus their marketing for their target audience.
Want to know:
- How your conversion rates compare to your industry?
- What information is catching your target audience?
- Where your visitors are coming from?
The Unbounce Conversion Benchmark Report can help you turn your marketing around, and turn those soft leads into buying customers. Start getting better results from your campaigns.