Above the fold Marketing – What is that you ask?
A term borrowed from the world of print media Above the fold marketing refers to the space above the fold of a newspaper that is visible …. when ‘folded’. Hence the term ‘Above the Fold!’. Normally including the headline and a striking cover image to attract attention.
Digital Marketing and Above the Fold Marketing
In the world of digital marketing, above the fold content is considered ‘the most valuable ‘hot’ real estate on a website or landing page. It’s the first thing that users see when they arrive! It’s often used to showcase the most important information.
- A headline
- a call-to-action (CTA)
- a key offering that is unique to your business.
As a business owner, you should always aim to make sure that above the fold content is engaging, informative, and compelling. Ensuring they stay on the page and take action. This might be reading an article, reading your blog or signing up to your mailing list! Effective above the fold content can also help to increase conversion rates, as users are more likely to take action if they are immediately presented with a clear, compelling and engaging reason to act.
Is Above the fold marketing still relevant for small businesses in 2023?
YES, it’s absolutely relevant for small businesses in 2023 – Including Above the fold marketing should be an essential factor when creating your online business presence. Competition is tough in the digital world, and as a small business, you need to use every trick in the book. This will help you capture the attention of your target audience quickly and effectively.
Here are a few reasons why above the fold marketing is relevant for small businesses in 2023:
- First impressions matter: Users form an opinion within 0.05 seconds when landing on your website or landing page – WOW. Users won’t scroll down at that time. So, it is crucial to make a positive first impression, above the fold.
- Attention-grabbing content: Above the fold content should to engaging and attention-grabbing enough to keep users interested, and engaged and encourage them to explore further.
- Mobile-friendly design: As more users browse the internet on mobile devices, it is crucial to ensure that above the fold content is optimized for small screens and loads quickly.
- Increased conversion rates: Effective above the fold content can help to increase conversion rates by giving your users a clear value proposition and a compelling reason to act.
Remember, it’s always great to make a good first impression and this applies to your digital marketing too!
So, if you want to continue to stand out in 2023, make sure to include Above the Fold marketing in your business. Just like in real life, you want to make an awesome first impression. Apply this awesome first impression to your marketing as well!
Remember, Above the Fold marketing is like the opening line of a conversation – make it count! We always put our best foot forward when meeting a new client, so why wouldn’t you do the same when it comes to your marketing?
I’m proud to work with small business owners, Australia-wide and in all areas of administration, office, business matters and virtual assistant tasks, which aim to provide helpful and practical tips and tricks along the way, for you.